Festival Condos – The First Tower in 160 Acre Community
Festival Condos is a brand new four tower development (ranging from 55-66 storeys) in the brand new Downtown Vaughan.
It is no secret that we love the growth that is taking place in the new Downtown Vaughan – otherwise known as the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre (VMC). Some of the best launches in recent years have taken place in that important corridor around Hwy 7 & Jane as the vision for the 442 acre Downtown starts to become reality.
Of the 442 acre VMC, Menkes & Quadreal will develop the “South VMC” which is a huge 160 acre parcel (approximately 1/3) of the overall VMC.
A single developer controlling huge parcel of land has a number of benefits including:
- Bringing multiple uses together to create a cohesive space (as opposed to multiple developers putting single towers in different parcels)
- Creating vibrant retail and public space
- Creating world class office space to bring jobs to the community
The vision for the VMC is huge, and Menkes and Quadreal are two of the best names in the business to bring it altogether.
A great downtown is not just made up of condos and residences. It is a mix of:
- Great retail environment with shops, restaurants, cafes etc.
- Public spaces that bring people together
And the South VMC has all of it. Anchored by a brand new Subway Station, the VMC brings some of the best developers in Toronto together to create what will become one of the largest scale developments over the next decade and beyond.
Festival Condos marks the first opportunity to invest in a high rise South VMC – the first of many.