Register to become an Insider Club member to get access to the best pre-construction condo deals available!
The Well Condos is a masterplanned community by a team of mega developers including Allied Properties, DiamondCorp and RioCan. The project will become a mixed use community, designed for World, Live and Play and is being designed from the ground up, and located at Spadina & Wellington.
The Well Condos Project Details
- Mixed use project which will include brand new retail, commercial and residential
- Property is a 7.67 acres and currently houses the Globe and Mail offices
- The mixed use plan is all encompassing and will include: condominiums, commercial offices, shops, restaurants and public space.
- Architecture by Hariri Pontarini Architects
- Plans to create a “Live-Work-Play” community
- More than a million square feet of residential space planned
- More than a million square feet of commercial and office space planned
- Varying heights of building throughout the development, the tallest expecting to stand 36 Storeys
The Well Condos: The Developers
- Joint venture by Diamondcorp, RioCan and Allied Properties
- The developers for the Well have been involved in projects such as E Condos, 210 Simcoe Condos, The Selby Condos and Garrison Point Condos
The Well Condos: The Location
- Located on Spadina between Wellington and Front Street
- Near perfect WalkScore of 99/100
- Nearby popular neighbourhoods; South of King West and a stone’s throw from Financial, Entertainment and Theatre District
- Four blocks from Union Station
- Short walk from popular restaurants such as Brassai, Patrida and Welodge along King Street West
- Quick access to Entertainment, including Toronto International Film Festival, CN Tower and much more
- Perfect TransitScore of 100/100
- Steps to Spadina, King and Lake Shore Street Car lines
It has been confirmed that RioCan and Allied Properties have purchased the site 444 Front Street West (Front & Spadina, the current home of Globe & Mail) with the intent to build 500,000 sq.ft. of retail space.
Mattamy Homes had previously been interested in purchasing the site for residential purposes.
While official plans have not yet been released, it is understood that a “mini Eaton Centre” is being planned with high-end shopping. This would give the neighbourhood a huge lift but early concerns about traffic on and around Spadina have already been mentioned.
The site will officially transfer over to RioCan and Allid on December 12th, but there is no time line available for the new retail space.